Monday, April 11, 2011

9 years!!!

Today Brennan and I celebrated 9 years of marriage. Man, where has the time gone? I know it's cliche to say and think and feel that, but really? Brennan is a great man. He's a great listener and problem solver. He's the most NON-JUDGMENTAL person I know and has always accepted me for who and what I am. He's got a bright smile and personality that make everyone around him happy - most especially me and Geddy! He's got a pure heart for the gospel and a quiet spiritual strength about him, that reminds me so much of his good father, Terry.

It may sound kind of funny, but I got him 9 bars of soap for our anniversary. Ha ha ha! I just realized that there were 9 bars and 9 years, that was purely coincidental. He's been on a quest lately to find the perfect bar of soap. Years ago Costco carried this really awesome olive oil soap called Neolia. We both really liked it. But as you know Costco doesn't carry the same product from one day to the next, so he recently ordered a different brand of olive oil soap called Olivella, because it's less expensive than Neolia. He wasn't all that impressed with it. So I came up with the perfect, silly, quirky gift idea for this anniversary. I usually don't buy common gifts. I buy silly, quirky, INEXPENSIVE gifts. I decided to buy him a few different brands of soap from the grocery store that he could try. (Note: for years I have been buying Ivory and he finally decided he was done with that, thus why the eternal quest for the perfect bar of soap began!) I bought him: Dove Men + Care soap, Dial Cranberry Glycerin soap, Yardley Lemon Verbena Soap, and Kirk's Original Coco Castile soap. He's most excited to try the last one because it's the unheard of "natural" soap that was on the bottom shelf at Smith's. It sounds pretty good. It's all natural with no animal by products or synthethic ingredients. It only has 5 ingredients, whereas most soaps have about 20!

Brennan came home with some beautiful pink tulips for me. I am not really a flower girl, no really I am not. They die too soon and are too expensive, but how could I not LOVE a bundle of my favorite type of flower??? I had a white tulip bouquet when we were married, and all the tulips on the Salt Lake temple grounds were in bloom on our special day, this gal was in tulip heaven!

We went to Red Lobster for dinner and spent way too much money for what we got. Their lobster and cheddar biscuits are delish, but I could do without everything else, and take about 5 more lobster portions please!

Thank you to Mom Marcia for insisting on watching Geddy and letting us have such an enjoyable evening. Love you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ahh, Happy Anniversary!
I told Steve it was your anniversary, and he was like, Oh yeah. I was at their reception!
You guys are too cute! Glad you got an evening out before the baby comes! Miss you guys!

Sarah B said...

Happy anniversary! Love the soap idea! Sounds like it was the perfect gift.

Apryle Moss said...

Congratulations!!! Happy Anniversary. Time does fly when your having fun (or not). How are you doing? I am assuming you are still pregnant. Me to I have a week left until my due date. I will probably make it to my due date or go over this time. My babies usually come early, but this time I have a feeling it is not going to happen. Hope you are feeling ok. Take care. Keep us posted.

Allison said...

Happy Anniversary to you guys! You are a great couple. I saw your mother in law's car at your house yesterday and almost called Brennan to see if you guys were at the hospital...glad I didn't, ha ha!

Ash said...

I love unique, fun gifts! Way to be creative!Can't wait for a post about baby girl, hope it's soon!

Lacey said...

Happy Anniversary. :)

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH