Friday, January 15, 2010

My 2010 "Bucket List"

I am not sure if Bucket List is the right word for this, because it seems a bucket list is all the things you want to accomplish before you die, but the term had an appropriate ring to me so I decided to use it. I "stole" this idea from my friend's friend. My friend also did a blog posting about it, so I am sort of copying her :). The idea is to create "65 in 365." 65 things you would like to do in 2010. I didn't include things that I am already doing (such as working out, etc.), just things I want to do that I might not have had a habit of doing in the past. I might add more things if I think of them. Here we go . . .

1. Make 72 hour kits (1 week worth of food in them)
2. Stock food storage with baking essentials – oil, yeast, powdered eggs, etc.
3. Play tennis with Brennan in spring/summer
4. Learn more about old testament prophets
5. Buy/Make Jesus Book for Geddy
6. Put together “Geddy’s First Year” – a photo and journal compilation
7. Attend temple quarterly
8. Wash all the outside windows on the house
9. Plant a veggie in the garden that I haven’t grown before
10. Eat at Royal India at least thrice
11. Walk Roxi at least twice per week
12. Bike the entire Legacy Trail
13. Go to my mom’s cabin
14. Play at the park a lot with Geddy
15. Read some church history/church book
16. Get 2 hair cuts
17. Learn to cut Geddy’s hair
18. Visit each one of my grandma’s at least 3 times
19. Help mom organize storage room/other parts of her house
20. Acquire workout DVD’s to do at home
21. Clean garage
22. Do something special for my 30th!!
23. Have friends over for dinner once per month
24. Take Geddy to the Zoo
25. Invite sisters for a girls night and sleepover
26. Read 4 novels
27. Get bottom permanent retainer replaced/fixed
28. Donate to the food bank
29. Volunteer somewhere (beyond church calling)
30. Plant a peach tree
31. Make raspberry jam
32. Keep journaling Geddy’s life (2nd year)
33. Give Brennan one hand massage or back massage monthly
34. Motivate/remind Brennan to exercise regularly
35. Have Brennan get a annual check-up/cholesterol check
36. Buy some new comfy summer sandals
37. Get wedding ring re-sized
38. Clean walls
39. Go rollerblading with Brennan
40. Learn how to make sweet rolls like Joy
41. Make a baby blanket
42. Wean Geddy from bottle and binky
43. Get rid of old clothes (t-shirts that are 12 years old with holes all over them!)
44. Sell something on KSL
45. Find my letters to Brennan (mission)
46. Help organize Brennan’s pictures and closet
47. Organize and file away 2008 & 2009 papers at work
48. Go to temple square with Brennan & Geddy
49. Take Geddy to a movie (probably when he’s closer to 2)
50. Visit Rivers if they haven’t already moved back
51. Take Geddy’s 18 mos. old pictures
52. Invite Stauffers to dinner/BBQ
53. Read Gospel Principles manual
54. Go to lunch/have a picnic with my brother
55. Have my entire family over for brunch
56. Use typing CD to increase accuracy and speed
57. Take H&R tax class? Maybe?
58. Try and build up emergency savings ($50 a month?)
59. Get outside back door wood trim replaced
60. Call an old friend
61. Use more “earth friendly” household cleaners
62. Host “Girls Night/s” at mom’s cabin or other place
63. Hike to flag rock with mom and sisters
64. Get Farmington trails map and go on 4 hikes
65. Create annual Thanksgiving or Christmas service project (“tradition”)

Wow! Don't these sound great? I can hardly wait to get started! These were totally written via stream of consciousness, but by no means does it mean that #65 means less to me than #1. HOWEVER, #1 is definitely the thing that has been on my mind the MOST lately. When I am lazy and unmotivated at times through the year I can pull out my list and light some fire within.
Here's to a new 2010 filled with love and positivity to all!!!

8 comments:

The Scherbel Family said...

Thats a great list! I'm inspired.

Unknown said...

Nice. I think I might "steal" this and do it myself. Good luck on your bucket list!

Emily said...

Awesome list! I need to add three more to my list to make it complete. Good luck. Keep us all updated for sure!

Allison said...

Look at that ambition! You are awesome! I'll be happy to help with a few of these...maybe 12, 24 and 40 :)

Nicki Swilor said...

I love lists. I need to go back and read my list again. I did a 101 in 1001 days. Very fun and motivating!

Siri said...

That is sooo cool, Tonee! I want to do that too ... but NEXT year. Right now I just have one thing on my list ... survive this pregnancy! =) Have a great time doing it all!! xo

Jonathan and Kimberley said...

so motivational!

the dutson five said...

Love it! Thanks for the link! :) I totally want to bike the entire Legacy Trail too.. If you happen to want a friend to do it with...
You've inspired me! I've gotta make one of these too.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH