Monday, October 27, 2008
My First Baby Shower
I had my first baby shower this past Saturday. It was so much fun!!! Thank you to Allison, Heather, Michelle, Megan, and Joy for helping with food and throwing the shower!!! Thanks especially to Heather for letting us use your house even though you couldn't be there! (Sorry, if I forgot to mention someone.)
It was a little nerve racking for me to be the center of attention and to be "showered" with gifts, but I am soooo grateful for all the many things we received. I thought receiving the gifts would start to make this baby thing seem real for me, but just looking at all the gifts all weekend, only makes things more surreal for me! I can't believe I am having a baby in 8 weeks! ! ! I think I am starting to freak out....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH



3 comments:
I don't think the whole baby thing ever seemed real for me until I was holding the real thing in my arms... And, even then, I just can't get over the "magic" of it all. That we can just grow this little person and bring them into the world - so amazing!
Loved the shower - thanks for letting us share your joy with you!
Your shower was great!! I'm so glad I was able to come! Don't worry about it feeling "real". I still get that feeling when I look at my kids and see them getting bigger. There are moments when it all falls together and you can sit back and know you are a mother to this little angel from heaven.
Send me a copy of at EG girls. Look at all of now!! E-mail me about when you want to pick out your fabric! If not, I'm going to pick it for you and you'll have to live with it! (Just teasing!)
Lots of love!
Teri
I'm so sorry I missed it. You are always doing things for others, so it was fun to do a little something for you. I have a blog now you can stalk - heathernjay.blogspot. It's mostly Lauren. Love you!
Post a Comment