Image courtesty of http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources
Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Week 8 - A Pinto Bean
I officially entered week 8 of my pregnancy yesterday, and that tiny little thing is just the size of a pinto bean. It seems like the days won't pass fast enough, and yet I don't want a single day to pass by without being enthralled with the joyous fact that I am pregnant! Everyone wants to know if I have "morning sickness," because according to a lot of women that's probably a good sign. Yes, I have a bout of "morning sickness" every morning, afternoon, and night. It's not too bad though. It's all perspective; I think even if I was on my death bed, I would say "it's not too bad," because I don't want to take this opportunity for granted. I am also very HUNGRY. I need to eat something every couple of hours, or else I start to feel famished and faint. I am very SLEEPY. I sometimes feel like taking a nap 2 hours before bedtime, but usually I just hold out. I have to PEE all the time. For those of you that know me well, know that I had to pee every hour before I was pregnant, now it's even worse. And I have to get up 2-3 times in the middle of the night to use the restroom, which I didn't do before. I do feel a little more MOODY, and more irritable; but I don't think I am a monster yet (ha ha ha). It's been hard for me to be motivated to do house chores, with all these symptoms, but I was so happy with myself because I cleaned the bathrooms yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks!!! I know, I know...it's so unlike me!!! Brennan has been such a nice helper boy, and kind husband. He rubs my feet and tickles my back. He vacuums the house and does the dishes when I ask. He's always really concerned when I feel sick. He likes to kick back and read all my pregnancy magazines to kill time (he's says there's nothing else to read!) My sweet friend Annie, gave me newborn onesies, and I couldn't stop looking at them and how cute and tiny they are!!! Isn't this picture amazing?!?!?
Image courtesty of http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources
Image courtesty of http://www.priestsforlife.org/resources
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH
5 comments:
Hey Tonee I am so excited that you are pregnant. It is such an amazing experience to be pregnant all the changes your body goes through. I know what you mean about morning sickness I had it all day except I wouldn't let myself throw up so I was ok that way. I hope that everything continues to go well for you. Take care of yourself.
Hurray for a baby pinto bean, I mean baby Smoot!!! I had morning sickness all the time with all three pregnancies. And I was the same way with food. If I wasn't eating, then I was just about to eat. I just could never eat enough. So the most have book that you need to have is the Pregnancy Bible. It's the best pregnancy book that I have. I love it. Anywho, glad you're doing well. Take care.
PS I'm so glad that Brennan is a good hubby to you. It really makes a difference to have a good one or not so good one (that was Steve`with this last one).
I can't even tell you how happy I am for you! Pregnancy is such an amazing experience. Treasure every moment.
YEAH!!!! That is so great! I bet you will start calling him/her pinto bean for the rest of the pregnancy!!!
Good luck with all the morning sickness and peeing! It goes away eventually, even if it is only after you have the baby!!
Love ya!!
You are too funny! I am so excited for you. you are going to be a great mommy.
Post a Comment