I was so excited this year to start a garden. First off, nothing so nearly rivals the taste of fresh garden tomatoes! Second, I actually like working and taking care of a garden. Third, it’s a practical way to provide food for ourselves, while saving money-I like that!!! My lovely husband very willingly (not really) dug the whole garden for me (you know...because I am pregnant). It got successively bigger over the hours and days because he knew that I wasn't happy with how small it was. It's still very small. It holds 4 tomato plants, 4 pepper plants, 1 zucchini plant, 1 yellow squash plant, and 1 struggling sweet basil plant. I planted about 2 weeks ago when it was 90 degrees outside and then the temperature dipped to 40 degrees and my plants hated it. They all started to dry up and die. I am hoping they will make it and be big, beautiful plants come July. Here’s some before and after pictures, although they aren’t that impressive.


A random picture.....
4 comments:
Ha ha! I love Roxi's necklace! (I bet she loves wearing it too). Great garden, too - impressive! I wish we had one...
Your garden looks great! Nothing like getting down and dirty with the dirt!
I love to garden too! I totally agree, nothing tastes as great as a tomato from your own garden. We just planted our garden, it seems to be doing well. Except for the cucumber...I planted it, decided it needed to go across the yard instead. And then Jeremy didn't realize I had planted so far back and mistook it for a weed. I think it has no chance, if I want cucumbers I probably need to start from scratch...Best of luck to you. Gardening for me is de-stressing!
Funny picture of your dog.
Post a Comment