Thursday, June 5, 2008

Week 11 - Heart Beat

I went to the Doctor's yesterday. They listened to the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler. They said it sounded very good. It was a nice thing to hear!!! I wish I owned one of these, it would be fun to listen to the baby's heart every day. The baby is the size of large lime, according to one of my pregnancy books. At our next appointment in 4 weeks, they said they will look for the sex of the baby and we might know what it is if the baby is cooperating!

8 comments:

Emilee said...

I loved hearing the heartbeat for the first time. It makes it all so real. IT is truly miraculous how the body works. I am sure boy or girl it will be adorable!

Teri said...

Tonee!!!! I am so happy for you! I would alway hold my breath while we waited for the heartbeat. I would get concerned while the doctor moved the doppler around to find the baby. The second I heard it, I was relieved and could focus on the rest of the appointment.

I hope your little one cooperates next month! I don't know about you, but I loved knowing the sex of the baby. For some reason I was able to connect to him or her, knowing it was a him or a her!

Sarah B said...

Hi Tonee! When I read this post's title, my brain thought it said, "Heart Break", and I freaked out! I am really glad that it says "Heart Beat". Duh. I am so excited to know if it's a mini-Tonee or a mini-Brennan. Love ya.

Unknown said...

There is nothing better than hearing that heart beat! Like you friend said, I'm the same way too. I always freak out a little bit when my doc can't find the heart beat right away. A couple of times with ALL THREE kids, it took them at least a minute or two before they could find the heart. That's just really hard to sit through. Anywho, we're so excited for you guys! Can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl!!

the dutson five said...

I can't believe you're almost able to tell what you're having! So exciting! You actually can buy those little doppler things on eBay for about $100 or so.. Go to
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=fetal+doppler
and it should show you some... I always thought it would be fun to listen to the baby anytime I wanted to..

Apryle Moss said...

Tonee didn't you love hearing the sound of the babies heart it makes you so happy to know that everything is ok with the baby. I hope that you are doing well. I can't wait until you start showing and you have a cute little belly. Take care and I will talk to you later

Farnsworth Fam said...

I am so excited for you guys!! I had to know what the sex was, but I am a very organized and prepared soul. I had to have it all ready. Some don't and that sounds fun to, I just don't think I would have survived. I am so excited for you guys!

p.s. how did Brennan do on Thursday?

The Goughs said...

Oh how exciting! I just can't believe it. You are going to be the best Mommy ever. I will invite you to our blog and I'm so glad that I can visit yours now!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH