Thursday, January 3, 2013

Geddy's 4th Birthday

I told Brennan we were starting a new birthday tradition this year. We were going to do an activity and dinner instead of presents (you know making memories, instead of getting MORE stuff!) Well, the activity and dinner turned out to be about 4 times what a present would cost. . . oh well! Making memories right???

The Birthday Cake has always been the showcase of Geddy's Birthday. We plan and talk about what kind of cake and what design we want for months in advance of his birthday. For months we talked about the Worm Cake. The conversation went something like this, "it will have gummy worms, not real worms, and crushed up cookies for dirt." We drew it out and everything. Then suddenly a few days before his birthday Geddy informed me he wanted a Monster Cake, with three eyeballs and spiders on top. This was the best I could come up with without months of planning. Geddy loved putting all the candy decorations on it. I think I will have him help me decorate The Cake from here on out. Usually I make the cake and surprise him in the morning, but he loved being the decorator this year.




I woke up from an afternoon siesta and this is what I found. Tragedy! Luckily we were able to get the eyeballs back on, but they rested more on top of the cake, so it wasn't quite as cute.


For our activity we went and saw Rise of the Guardians. When it started I leaned over to Brennan and said, "Oh, it's this movie." I remember seeing previews and thinking I didn't care to see that show. I did end up liking it though.

Dinner was really the big event! We invited Grammy and Mark and Geddy got to go to Red Lobster. Since seeing a Red Lobster commercial 6 months ago, he's been talking about Red Lobster! He loved it. He ordered lobster and crab legs. He ate both, but I think his favorite part was playing with the crab claws. They were so cute and nice to us at Red Lobster. They took a lobster out of the tank for Geddy to touch.





Then we came home and ate cake and ice cream with Grammy and Mark.




Poor cake all demolished!!!


Good Bye cake . . . until next year!

Geddy's 4th year is starting off well. Although Brennan would probably not agree with me, 4 has been good to Geddy. I feel like he's maturing a little and behaving a little better with Jennsen. I am hopeful that the struggles we have been having for, well really since Jennsen was born, are going to lessen this year. Or it's a serious possibility that I am just finally becoming immune to all the fighting, hitting, scratching, and rivalry that goes on between these two!

2 comments:

Meg said...

That is such a cute cake! I love the fur and the eyeballs! Great job! And I love that it was too irresitable during nap time. Ha! What a fun birthday.

Michelle said...

You're the cutest mom ever with all of the time and effort you put into Geddy's cakes! And I think it turned out ADORABLE! P.S. Keep up the blogging! I like it.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH