This is such a random post, but I thought I would post something since I haven't posted in over a month! I received a new cookbook (surprise) a few months ago. I tried one of the recipes, it was called Thai Spiced Chicken, I think. The recipe was good, but I really liked how moist the chicken turned out. The recipe called for broiling the chicken breast, which I have never done. I usually cook chicken on the stove or in the oven at 350. Anyway, I haven't been enjoying the way my chicken has turned out lately. I thought maybe it was the chicken I was buying, but I have bought all kinds of chicken from Costco frozen chicken to Smiths chicken. It was just not moist (a major requirement for me from chicken to cakes), and kind of chewy. This method of marinating and broiling made the chicken soft, tender, and my favorite - MOIST.
Directions:
Marinate chicken in large ziplock bag - a little oil in the marinade is good for this broiling method.
Pound chicken (while still in bag) to an even 1/2" thickness - an important step, so it cooks evenly and quickly.
Place chicken on baking sheet and broil (that's 500 degrees Fahrenheit!) for 12-15 min.
Check at 12 min.
Don't overcook.
Mine usually cook for about 15 min.
Slice chicken for fajitas, or whatever else!
Yummy chicken!!!
2 comments:
Thanks for the tip. Moist chicken is a must for me too! I do okay when I cook it in the skillet, but I will for sure give broiling it a try.
Cool! Thanks for the idea! I'm gonna try it. :)
Post a Comment