Monday, April 18, 2011

Arrival

I like this picture. It shows her chunk really well!! I mean really, fat on the arms already?!?!?

She's here! I didn't have to wait until my induction date (yesterday) to have her. My water broke at about 1 am on Thursday night and we had her at 7 am on Friday, April 15. SHE'S HUGE, as I predicted, and I am loving it!!! We named her Jennsen. She weighs 9 lbs 11 oz and is 21.5 inches long. Having her here makes the miserable pregnancy all worth it, and I even thought just mere moments after delivering her how I would do it all again. I can surely see why people keep having little miracles. There is something so sweet and pure about a newborn. We are blessed beyond measure to have Jennsen join our family.

18 comments:

Allison said...

She is so adorable! I'm so glad she's here. I forgot to tell you how excited Jack was that Geddy had a baby sister. He even prayed for "Geddy's baby sister" on Friday night. We are all so excited for you guys over here! Congrats on a BEAUTIFUL baby girl!!!

Siri said...

Oh Tonee! You did it. YOU DID IT! Kiss her beautiful cheeks for me! Congrats. xoxo

Anonymous said...

She is beautiful...and you are beautiful, Tonee. I am grateful that you and Brennan are building such a beautiful family together.

Teri said...

She is gorgeous! Just like her mama!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

Lacey said...

She is beautiful. Congrats.

Steven Richins said...

What a beautiful girl! I miss my Smoots!

Unknown said...

She is soooooooo cute! You are gonna have a couple of heart breakers on your hands! Love ya!!

Sarah B said...

I got chills when I read that baby is here!! I'm so glad your hard pregnancy is over and now you get to enjoy the fruits of your labor. Congrtulations! Can't wait to see her.

Swilor Family said...

She's such a cute little chubby baby! Congrats! I love that last picture too. The shadow from her toes all spread out is so funny!

Apryle Moss said...

Tonee congrats again. Sorry we didn't get to see you again before we left. It was kinda fun having our babies at the same time and being at the hospital at the same time. Hope all is still going well for you. Love you Tonee you are amazing delivering an almost 10 lb. baby. Hopefully we can get together sometime.

kris said...

So glad Baby Jennsen has finally arrived. She's gorgeous. Congratulations to you for what must have been a very intense delivery. 9 lbs 11 oz!!! Amazing. She's beautiful. Very happy for you and your family. Love you!

Ash said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful baby! I can't believe a little thing like you carries and delivers such big babies! Way to go!

Trish said...

She is beautiful! I love chubby babies! SO glad that everything went well and that you had her before you expected it on Sunday. Hope you are doing okay now!

Megan Hauze said...

YAHOO!!!! I couldn't believe how big she was. I am so happy for you and so glad she is here healthy!!! Geddy looks so big compared to a baby now. Enjoy all the cute chunkiness!!!!

the dutson five said...

Awww, the little sweetie! Or, I guess I should say "big" sweetie! :)
LOVE the chubby girl -- what a cutie! Can't wait to meet her! Glad all went well, and look, your water did break after all.. ;)
Love ya lots!

Amy@happylittleparty.blogspot.com said...

mmmmMMMMM! seriously so beautiful Tonee and Brennan! I'm so glad she's here and can't wait to see her!
love you lots
amy

Sandra said...

You had your baby and you're already blogging! You're a rockstar!
And congrats! My uterus throbbed at the sight of her chunk :) Now I want a baby too waaaaah!

Farnsworth Fam said...

Congrats. She is beautiful.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH