Friday, March 4, 2011

Terms of Endearment . . .

"I love you Daddy."
"I love you Mommy, Mommy."
"I love you baby Jen."
"I'm wreally wahree (really sorry)."
"I'm so wahree (so sorry)."

Geddy is in the sweetest stage at the moment. He's saying sorry all the time and seems like he means it. Sometimes if he does something wrong he gets this sweet/quiet voice and will even almost sometimes get a tear in his eye and say, "I'm so wahree (sorry)," or "I'm wreally wahree (really sorry)." I find it endearing and even sometimes comical how often he will tell us sorry. For example if he bumps into us by accident, or shocks (static electricity) us accidentally. . . anything like that. I feel like he's turned into the "not terrible two," these past few months and I am REALLY enjoying it.

He also is exhibiting very good manners. He's been saying excuse me when he farts or burps for awhile now, but now he even sometimes says excuse me when WE fart or burp. It's great!!! It's reminded us to have good manners (when farting or burping), especially in front of him. :)

I know each parent loves their kid more than any parent has loved a kid before. But I can honestly say that my kid rocks!!! This is mostly so I can remember how wonderful he is . . he cleans up his toys before bed, he says "please, thank you, excuse me (when farting and when he needs you to move), and sorry" regularly. He follows directions very well and is a great listener. He is very loving and often tells me "pretty mommy." In the sweetest, softest voice (almost with a long sigh), he tells Daddy often, out of the blue "I love you Daddy." He's starting to cooperate more with diaper changes and clothing changes - we call it "teamwork." It's so cute to hear him say "teamwork!" He randomly hugs my tummy and says, "I love you baby Jen" . . . then he usually says "get out." He wants this baby here as much as I do!

I don't know if he's changed a lot in the past few months or if I have (we probably both have - me more patient and him getting older and better behaved), but he's a delight and generally gives me no troubles whatsoever!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Geddy is so sweet! I think, when boys do the sweet stuff it's even better! I love it when Jake just says, Mommy, I love you. Or when Leo will just snuggle up to me. It's great!
And kudos for getting him in the habit of cleaning up after himself. That is something, I have not mastered with my kids. So, rock on!
I'm so glad he is excited for Jen to come! Big brothers are the best and he'll make a great big brother!

Teri said...

How cute! Enjoy the time, because it will these moments that you will treasure forever. It makes my day, even still when my kids hug me and tell me they love me, out of the blue. That is the mommy pay-day right there! :)

Farnsworth Fam said...

How old is he now?
I am thinking you could take my almost 2 year old, and do a whole do-over on him. What do you say? Having 2 older brothers has pretty much ruined any sense of "manners" at our house.

Anonymous said...

Fun to read your "heart" feelings, Tonee. You are a wonderful wife and mother...and daughter! Can't wait for Jennsen to get here.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH