Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grateful for Modern Medicine

I mean seriously what did people do back in the early 1900's when their kid got a double ear infection and eye infection?!?!? I am grateful that despite having to pay a co-pay and buy an expensive prescription, I at least have the LUXURY of seeing a doctor, getting a quick diagnosis, and easily curing my son's ailments in a matter of days. I often dream of "earlier days" where things weren't as "hard" as we have them in our modern day, but today I am reminded of how easy we truly have it!!!

6 comments:

Sarah B said...

I can't tell you how many times I've thought that! I would think about it a lot, too, during childbirth and the first few months when babies are so fragile. Hope he gets feeling better!

Allison said...

Poor Geddy! And thank goodness for antibiotics!!

Megan Hauze said...

Ahhh man... sorry little G.

Siri said...

Poor Geddy. And I heard Budley's been really sick too. Get better you guys!!
Hey, I was at Menlove a couple days ago ... I didn't know your Dad sold it!! Is that true!?

Emily said...

I'm glad you're grateful for modern medicine. I sure am. Now, if we can just get the cost for appointments and prescriptions down.

Nicki Swilor said...

Hi Tonee. I just wanted to invite you to Zac's Baby Dedication. I should get your email since you don't have facebook anymore! Anyway, here is your own little invite. Hope all is well!

Zac Swilor’s Baby Dedication

March 20th
11:15 am

The Rock Church
Located on the Northeast corner of
10600 S 1300 E

Dress Casual

“All your children will be taught by the LORD,and great will be their peace.” Isaiah 54:13


We’ll be meeting for lunch after the service if you’d like to join us at Chuckarama in Draper around 1:00 pm.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH