Monday, June 14, 2010

Happy 18 months old Geddy!

Geddy is getting tall! He is now 33 inches tall - the 70th percentile! He weighs 22.2 lbs - the 7% percentile. He went to nursery all by himself yesterday and was very good. He feeds himself with a spoon and fork, although I often catch him shoving food in his mouth with his free hand. I bet he can say at least 50 words, but he has his 10 favorite! He is starting to mimic our words. Every day is all about words, words, words! I can't believe how many new words just a few days bring! Geddy is now off the bottle and not drinking milk very well from a cup! :( His favorite kind of cheese is swiss, and it's about the only cheese he will eat. I love that he eats more of his cauliflower and broccoli than anything else on the plate. He doesn't eat meat well - especially not beef. Too bad since we are on our all new beef diet! He loves to drink water; we don't give him juice, but he does have a fruit smoothie every day that he really enjoys! He likes to eat tricuits and pretzels and fruit leather for snack. He likes to get his teeth flossed and then playing with the floss afterwards. He LOVES playing with Roxi, but their play is heavily rationed by "someone." He loves to play with balls, cars, and a small porcelain baby that I found in my cedar chest. He likes to read books and color pictures. He loves to play in and eat dirt. He loves to walk up and down the sidewalks in our neighborhood. He is VERY good already about knowing that the road is "off-limits." He likes to run through the aisles of Walmart; he likes to run around and explore any new place! If it's a rainy day, I think I will just take him to any store and let him roam the aisles and he will be content. He gets grumpy when he's cooped up inside too long. When he gets frustrated he likes to wave his arms in a slapping motion - they often end up hitting mommy, then he goes to time out and cries for a few minutes. He listens to daddy waay better than mommy! He loves to hug and cuddle daddy. He got two shots today and calls them "owies." He likes to take showers - much easier and faster than a bath if we are in a hurry. When we ask him, "who wants to see Nana?" - he raises his hand and says, "Me!" He likes to eat cookies and oatmeal (not together, although I haven't tried). He's is our very special little man!

Geddy's sign for "Love You"

"One more time? or "One more?"

Looking suave for the ladies on his first day in nursery - ha ha ha

"How do you like your broccoli?

"Raw and wriggling?"

"Full mouth shove?"

"Mmmm, tastes Garden fresh."

"Three cheers for raw, wriggling, garden fresh broccoli!"

Eaten all the way to the bare bones . . . which Mommy then ate!

2 comments:

Allison said...

Look how handsome he is! I'm glad he went into nursery so easy...that's a good sign!

Heidi Sue said...

Oh my gosh! He is so dang cute!They grow up so fast. I can't believe he is 18 months.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH