Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Geddy was an octopus this year. I made the legs and applied the dots on the hood. I was so excited to put him in his costume. Halloween day I was trying to talk Brennan into going trick or treating at 4 pm, but he advised me that was too early. Even when we stepped out the door at 5:00 we didn't see another trick or treater in sight (for a good hour almost) and it was sunny and bright outside. We hit about 10 houses and talked to some of our good neighbor friends. A few of our neighbors went all out! One had a spook alley in their garage. I thought Geddy would cry, but he seemed intrigued. Another handed out cotton candy that they had just spun and had a real live photo booth where you got your picture taken. Geddy has a nasty cough and cold and therefore he wasn't our normal smiley boy like we like. I had so much fun, I felt like a kid again. I can see how/why people relive their childhood through their children, it's hard not to be a kid again!
I like how his octopus legs stick out of his stroller and he's holding his candy bag! He held on to it tight! And he likes candy, but of course I didn't let him suck on that sucker for more than a few minutes. I was getting a little freaked out by how much he liked it and would cry when I took it away!






12 comments:

Unknown said...

He is so cute! Happy Halloween!!

Heather 'n Jay said...

What a creative idea! He looked so happy. Must be the sugar.

Teri said...

How fun! I on the other hand was wishing this holiday would hurry and get over. I was a party poop this year for my kids! Oh well. Geddy was an adorable octopus!

Siri said...

I am sooo impressed with you making the octopus costume! Love it! Nice job Mommy Tonee.

Also ... cotton candy, photo booths ... some people DO go all out. Our neighbors were outside serving hot dogs and hot chocolate. Makes our suckers look pathetic. hehe!

So glad you guys had such a fun FIRST Halloween with your little guy!! Adorable!!!

Allison said...

He looks so cute in that costume! Wish we would have seen you guys...but we didn't go out until about 6:30. We didn't make it to the cotton candy, photo booth house but heard about it today.

Nicki Swilor said...

Way to go! His costume is so cute!

Emily said...

That's a great costume.

Where do you guys live? I want neighbors that go all out like that. :)

Ash said...

He looks so cute! What a clever costume!

Farnsworth Fam said...

ADORABLE!

Apryle Moss said...

How cute. I can't believe how big he is getting. Hope you are all happy and well take care.

Doti Christensen said...

Tonee, he is so cute! Great job on the costume.

Anonymous said...

Cute costume, cute boy, cute family! I love you!!!!!!!!!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH