Friday, September 18, 2009

Indian!

Let's see . . . I am going to try and post about something other than the focus of my universe. :)

A few nights ago I made a true Indian dish for the first time, Chicken Biryani - what was I waiting all this time for? My favorite food of all time is Indian and my favorite restaurant is Royal India in Bountiful! I had to actually buy spices I did not and have never had in my cupboard...tumeric, cardamom. Holy cow I didn't realize cardamom was the second most expensive spice on the store shelf next to saffron! 13 bucks a bottle; which was really hard for me to swallow, but I didn't want to leave it out! When I cracked the lid to that baby I could see why, the aroma is purely intoxicating!!! I was in Heaven smelling Indian in my kitchen all night and for several more days every time I heated up the leftovers.

(This isn't a picture of my biryani, but it looked somewhat similar)

4 comments:

Teri said...

You crack me up!!! I am the same way about spending money for things like spices, and about everything else in fact. I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!

Allison said...

ooohhh! It looks tasty!

Jonathan and Kimberley said...

O my, if only I could have smelled it. INDIAN!!!!!! Was it good? We tried to do Indian a few times, but must be leaving out some main ingredient to make it taste like Royal. So happy you are trying Indian, I am sure we will benefit from that someday. :)

Apryle Moss said...

Yum!!!!! I have come to love indian food also. I need to go try that restaurant here in bountiful. Wish I was motivated to try and make it myself. Maybe someday. Take care.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH