Monday, August 3, 2009

My Sad Little Garden

This is my second year growing the garden and it's just as frustrating as the last! I am only growing 3 plants, I can't mess them up that bad right? Wrong! I have squash bugs that I am at war with every day, my tomatoes are all split and the leaves are curled up (someone at church that I talked to yesterday said this was due to lawn fertilizer being sprayed nearby on a very HOT day). I am just at at a loss as to what to do with this garden. It's VERY frustrating. Maybe I am not cut out for this gardening stuff. Or maybe I just want it to be simple and very low maintenance and it's not (at least my garden is not!) I see many pretty, fruitful, amazing gardens out there! I just don't know how you do it folks!

My sad little crop! Look at those ugly tomatoes! It would be okay if they were ugly but still tasted yummy like good garden tomaotes, but I had one the other day, and they had an okay flavor but the texture was yucky like the ones at the store! Humph...

5 comments:

Teri said...

I have been having problems too! My cucumbers and squash had all the leaves eaten, so no veggies. My corn is only about two feet high and stopped growing. My tomatoes are doing okay this year, but last year they split like yours and I don't know what to do about it. I feel for you my friend!

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought your zucchini was just YUMMY yesterday! Thanks again.

Allison said...

It looks way better than mine...ha ha ha!

Megan Hauze said...

I think it must be the dirt, or lack of out here. We have the yuckiest clay out here. Our tomatoes are split as well. I can't talk much because I don't spend a minute in the garden, that is John's job. But I think it must be the heat. Good luck!

Lacey said...

Your zucchini was yummy. This is also why I haven't attempted to do one yet. Too much work for me now. :)

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH