There was a cereal (now I can't remember the name of it) that I LOVED when I was younger. It was these little brown sqaure "pillow" things that soaked in just the perfect amount of milk to create just the right sogginess! I saw a new Kashi cereal at Costco a few months ago called "Honey Sunshine." Honey Sunshine looked like the kind from my childhood so I decided to give it a try. I think it was about $7 for the large box and that's not the SORT of money I like to spend on cereal, but I couldn't resist. I tried them immediately upon arriving home and they were almost identical to the ones I had remembered from my childhood (same sogginess and texture), just a little different (honey) flavor. I KNEW I should have bought ten boxes because Costco turns over their inventory so fast they didn't have them when I checked yesterday. I was telling Brennan about Honey Sunshine, how much I was craving it and love it! I even tried a cereal brand, called Puffins, that looked like Honey Sunshine and the cereal from my childhood, but much to my dissapointment it wasn't quite like it! Neither Albertsons nor Smiths carry Honey Sunshine. I remember that WalMart carried it, and to my great surprise my sweet husband brought home 5 boxes of this yummy goodness today! What a SWEETHEART! That's my man, my "honey sunshine" - always wanting to do a fun, sweet surprise for me. I have the best hubby ever - SERIOUSLY!
3 comments:
What a nice husband Brennan is!
It is so funny you brought up that cereal. I remember having some at your house many many years ago. Wasn't the cereal called Quaker crunchy corn bran?Whenever I see it at the grocery store I think of you because of how much you loved it! Glad you found a replacement and brennan is such a sweet husband!
Honey Sunshine!!!! What to say!!!! I am speechless.
Post a Comment