Monday, October 20, 2008

31 Weeks Already!!!

I went to the Dr. today for my 31 week checkup. Just the usual: weight, blood pressure, listening to the baby's heart beat, etc. I am measuring 34 cm, 3 cm bigger then when I went in 3 weeks ago..so the Dr. said the baby is growing on schedule! I asked him since I was measuring 34 cm for only being 31 weeks if that meant that I was going to have a 10 lb. baby or if I was going to have the baby a week or so early. He said he can't tell if I will have it early - and we'll know more about the baby's weight when they do an ultrasound at 36 weeks. Wow - I made it through another appointment without anything too eventful happening (which is good!) I am still crossing my fingers that I won't develop high blood pressure and have to be on best rest! Although my systolic pressure (the top number) was a little elevated (as it always is when I see the Dr!) the bottom number was normal, and I am not "spilling" any protein in my urine, so the Dr. said I am fine. But who knows what the next few weeks will bring. This has been my main fear all along - high blood pressure. I think I naturally have higher blood pressure than a lot of people because I often get stressed and anxious easily over things. But anyway, everything is looking really good. I will just have to remind myself not to worry about the high blood pressure until/or if it actually becomes an issue.

2 comments:

TreverandDawnell said...

Hey you guys this is getting so exciting. Well I am excited. I was going to tell you that my cousin is a pediatrician and she is in Bountiful. I know my brothers kids go see her and they really like her. If you want her info I can get it for you.

Apryle Moss said...

Tonee that is so exciting. I can't believe that you only have 9 weeks left if that. Wow! I am excited for you. I have a pediatrician here in Bountiful his name is Doug Nielson. He is a good doctor. He does not go to Davis so you would have to have the pediatrician on call check the baby, but I do like him and I think he is good. Good luck with these last few weeks. It is always great when the baby is finally born.

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH