Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Jennsen, Our Sweetest Strawberry, Turns 2!!!







Things I love about Jennsen and want to remember about her at AGE 2:

  • Her “guilty” conscience. She still talks about throwing a Thomas Train at Baby Elizabeth and says, “be kind baby (be kind to baby).”
  • She loves to “suck my thumb” and tickle her nose with her favorite string blanket. As a side note her favorite string broke off for the second time today and she bravely threw it away, but has been looking in the garbage for it since. I told her she needs to find a new favorite string on the blanket. That old string would get so nasty and dirty, but she sure is comforted by her blankies and her thumb.
  • Her sweet kisses and hugs when you are sad or hurt or when she is sorry.
  • Her amazing words. She counts “one, two, three, four” and “seven, eight, nine,” and "sixteen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty." and speaks in 5 and 6 word sentences.
  • Her orderliness. In like fashion to her brother she cleans up her toys well, and closes all the cupboards and doors that I leave open.
  • Her independence. She loves buckling her carseat, getting dressed, and doing many other things ON HER OWN! (Of course sometimes I intervene, which always causes a severe meltdown.)
  • Her strawberry red hair, which I think is swiftly fading to golden brown hair.
  • She’s a GOOD eater and eats A LOT!
  • Of course sweets top the list of her favorites, but she also loves oranges, bananas, cauliflower, smoothies, cheese, yogurt, chicken, rice, bread, and noodles.
  • She’s very polite. She always remembers to say thank you! And she is learning “please,” instead of just whining for what she wants.
  • She loves to go down slides and is VERY brave.
  • She’s a fast runner.
  • She’s tall and skinny.
  • She loves Dora, Diego, and Sponge Bob. She’s constantly asking for “shows.”
  • She likes playing games, especially hide and seek or hide sponge bob.
  • She likes getting rides in her stroller to the park.
  • She loves to “nuggle” (snuggle) with Mommy.
  • She loves when Daddy comes home.
  • She says her aunts and uncles, and Grandma and Grandpas names in her prayers.
  • She has a feistiness that you just have to laugh about sometimes. I especially love when she gets mad and says “never, ever, do it again, k!?”
  • She loves spotting “Gair-rield” out the window. (Garfield – the neighbor cat)
  • When you ask, “how do you treat others?” She responds, “be kind.” (with a furrowed intense brow).
I never thought having a little girl would be this amazing, but I have to say I am quite smitten! Love you my sweetest strawberry!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe she is two already. She is super cute!!

Allison said...

She is such a beautiful, smart two year old! I had to laugh about the favorite string being thrown away :)

Michelle said...

Not sure how I missed this post, but I loved it. I need to see this lil' miss Jennsen again. It's been too long, and her mannerisms sound so cute!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH