Of course, there's the basement (which is currently occupied by a renter). This is where this family "begun." Brennan's awesome parents basically finished it so we could have the coolest place ever to live! I lived there all by myself a few months before we were married. It was great. Then Brennan and I lived there for the first year and half of our marriage.
We also held our wedding open house at this home. We are not formal people, and sometimes we are untraditional as well. We didn't like the idea of being at a reception all night, so we had a casual, fun, open house the night before we were married. It was cool to spend time with people at our home and show them our new place!
The spectacle of it all - the yard!
Terry's pride and joy! What you see is a fence lined with grape vines (more grape vines line the driveway as well). Man, those grapes make good homemade grape juice. Beyond the vines are about 8 fruits trees -apples, asian pear, bartlett pears, peachs, plums (further down by the pioneer house). Yes, there's a quaint pioneer house at the front of the property - which consequently is now a different lot and for sale! Anyway, beyond the fruit trees was a huge garden plot, where Terry grew the most amazing garden. I wish he was still here to teach me a few pointers about how to grow tomatoes without cracks and zucchini without squash bugs. But I suspect he would say it was mostly the rich fertile soil!!! My garden envies that soil!
This home has been good to the Smoot family. It was a place where lots of love and memories still abide. I wish I could have afforded to buy it. I know some of the other kids probably wish they could have too! Through living there and in Farmington we have definitely developed a deep love for Farmington. It's a great place to live and raise a family. When we eventually move, I hope it's not too far. Maybe if we are lucky we won't ever leave our little Farmington.
Good night Farmington home. Rest well with your new owners, the Veaters, who will love you just as much as we did!
5 comments:
Love this post Tonee. So happy for you guys that it closed. But I'm sure it's kind of bitter sweet with so many great memories there.
P.S. That yard is to DIE for!!! If only my grass was that green!
I love driving past that house. I always say to myself "I wish I had a house like that, it's beautiful". You'll always cherish those wonderful memories.
Just now read this post, Tonee. Thank you for sharing such sweet memories...yes, there were so many. This home in Farmington was a very, very special chamber in the Smoot family nautilus... Love you, girl!
You made me cry!!! So many good memories.Made me think of what is going to happen to the house I grew up in when my grandma passes. I remember your wedding, and your cool apartment.
Maybe some day one of you will own it.
Post a Comment