t
As with last year, really the only thing Geddy wanted for his birthday was a cake! This year was a dino cake, last year was a Thomas the Train cake. I am sure you can understand then why once he woke up he didn't move more than 2 feet from his cake or take his eyes of his cake. It was really sweet! Also before he got another wave of presents today he told me he had "plenty" of presents and he didn't want "any more." (Earlier in the week he had already opened a present from Nana Smoot and Great Gma Judy).
Geddy had a wonderful day. The day started off with a grand adventure to McDonalds Playland - compliments of Grammy. I know this might not seem like a big deal to many of you, but you have to understand that on this, his THIRD birthday, it was the FIRST time he had ever been to a McDonalds Playland. He was in heaven! He was all sweaty from playing so hard and he thoroughly enjoyed himself. I think we will have to make it back more often, so I can thoroughly enjoy myself- ha ha ha!
Then later in the afternoon Gpa Johnson came for a visit. Geddy loved his plastic dinosaurs and dinosaur box (that turns into a playmat) that Gpa brought.
Later that night we ate dinner and then DOVE head first into the scrum-diddly-umptious cake. I can only speak for myself, but I could hardly focus on dinner, knowing chocolate cake awaited me. I think Geddy felt the same way. Now I am sick with cake, but feeling the joys of a wonderful day!!!
Thank you to all the Grandparents for showering us with gifts and love.
P.S. Geddy already "donated" all this cars to the DI to make room for the millions of dinosaurs! (tehehe, no really he did!)
6 comments:
That is awesome! Happy Birthday Geddy!!
PS, get ready for 3. It's harder than 2.
You did so great on the cake!!! What a fun day and such a sweet little boy to give his other toys away. I think his Mama has taught him well. :)
Love the cake! Glad he had a great day. Let me know when you're up for another trip to McDonald's...ha ha!
Good job on the cake! I think the fact that you have him get rid of old toys to make room for new toys is a great idea. I am going to have to implement that in my daughter's life after christmas and her birthday.
What a sweet boy!
So so ADORABLE!! The cake. And the boy! Happy Birthday dude!
Post a Comment