Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baking Soda . . . A Thousand Uses

I dream of living a more simple life on some farm in Montana, growing my own food, living off the land and my animals (I just don't want to be dirty, hot, and sweaty all the time). I dream of buying local, all natural chicken, and organic produce. I dream of only using homemade laundry soap and slathering homemade lotion on myself and my kids. I dream of my husband eating more fruits and vegetables and giving up white bread and his MSG laden favorite foods. I dream of myself eating less sugar and shoving fistfuls of spinach into my mouth. I dream of my children only eating the fresh WHOLE WHEAT, FLAX, 25 GRAIN bread that I bake daily, and eating food from our land. Until my dreams become reality, I guess I will have to settle on the small things. **Sigh**

I have been trying "baking soda" as a deodorant for a week now, and I LOVE it! I swear it makes me sweat less and there hasn't been any detectable stink whatsoever! I just sprinkle a 1/2 tsp of baking soda into my hand and mix with one drop of essential oil (patchouli - not my fav scent, but it's what I have on hand right now) and mix into a dry paste, then spread under both arms. I have been putting it on after the shower at night and even one WHOLE day later, I am still fresh. Usually I sweat a ton, and the pits on all my shirts smell like a mix of heavily perfumed deodorant and nasty sweat, which never washes out! I smelled my church shirt today and it smelled perfectly clean, like I could even wear it again without washing it. I hope this new deodorant concoction keeps working for me. I am very happy and fresh!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have the same problem. I'm gonna have to try it out! Thanks for sharing this!!

Could you send more info?

Sarah B said...

I have some of the same dreams Tonee. But I, too, couldn't take the "heat". I love this baking soda idea and I want to try it. I'll let you know how it goes. Keep your "natural" ideas coming!

Chaci said...

I can't wait to try it- I'm always trying new deoderants to avoid that problem. And I love that you each have a mini-me...must be nice to know what your kids will look like when they're grown. Do they each look like your baby/toddler pics? They're so cute!!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH