Thursday, January 20, 2011

Teach Them Young

Every day Geddy is learning new things. I am so amazed at how easily he learns a new word and retains new information. A few nights ago we had family night. We made a poster that read "I am a child of God," and glued each of our pictures on it and hung it on the fridge. Then last night at dinner Geddy looked over from his chair and proceeded to say "Geddy child God," "Mommy child God," "Daddy child God." I was in awe how this little two year old could remember a 5 minute activity that we had done a few nights before. It's precious to see his spirit blooming and blossoming. I can only hope and pray that as he develops and gets older he will find as much joy in Christ and His plan of happiness as we do!

4 comments:

Heidi Sue said...

That is so great! My grandpa used to tell Joshie stories out of the scriptures when he was little. He was the smartest kid in his class.I think little ones take it all in.
Hope all is well with you guys. I can't believe that he is 2.

Trish said...

What a sweet story! It is amazing how much they learn everyday. A few months back we were driving by the temple and all of a sudden Garrett starts singing, "I Love to See the Temple"! I looked at my husband and he looked at me and we both asked each other if we had taught it to him. NOPE...it was nursery!!!! Thanks to the awesome leaders that sing it every week it one of his favorites!

Heather 'n Jay said...

You're an amazing mom and an example to me. It was so fun to run into you the other night. We should plan something like that every six months or so:)Until then, I'll blogstalk you.

Emily said...

That's amazing. I think we are experiencing things about the same time since our kids are so close together. Isabelle retains information and picks up on things like I cannot believe!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH