Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy 30th Budley!

The most special Husband, Father, Brother, Son and Best Friend celebrated the big 3-0 on January 14! He described his ideal 30th birthday to me: A quiet night at home with me and Geddy, food, and a movie. So, natuarally I gave him the exact opposite! I threw him a surprise party, although true to form he knew what was coming as I apparently gave it away through 50 different things. Gosh! I am so bad at surprises. What he didn't know was who the party guests were, so I still had one surprise on him! I invited some of his siblings, their spouses, and his Mom to show up on our doorstep at 6 pm and surprise him. It was a fun evening with lots of laughter, good Thai food, fun, and even some tears (me, while I was saying the prayer on dinner! ha ha). The siblings shared some memories of Brennan. Brennan is the youngest of 7, so naturally all the siblilngs have memories of their "baby brother."

Ashley remembers Budley was called twinkle toes (walking on his tippy toes)
and stink bug (bending over and sticking bum in the air) - both of which Geddy does!!!

Shea remembers when Brennan was brought home from the hospital as a baby.
He says its one of his earliest memories. Wow!! He called Shea, "say."

Siri (on the left) recalls that Brennan was a thumb sucker and a blanky lover. After Brennan was too old to still carry a blanket around but refused to give up his beloved, Mom had to cut a little off the blanket each day until all that was left was a little 2" x 2" square! Siri also remembers that Brennan had a tail of hair he wouldn't get cut, but finally agreed to do so . . . for .25 cents. I wonder if I could entice him to cut his current long hair for .25 cents??? Hmmm....

Brother-in-law, Darren and Mom Marcia. What a cute picture, if do say so myself!

Shea and Siri, "twinners."

The Thai Feast. (Thank you to my friend, Praew, who made the Som Tum.)


Our little man who was excited all day for his Daddy's Birthday.
He likes to say very vibrantly "Happy TO YOU."

2 new church shirts. Who Hoo! What every man wants, right!?!?

Kinect Sports.

Geddy, the wild man.

Our family.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a special evening...and what special memories. Thanks to you all!

Siri said...

Haha ... fun fun memories of baby brother birthday boy!
Such a great night. Thanks for pampering us and giving us some culture with the Thai food. DELICIOUS!! Well done Tonee.

Emily said...

Good job with the surprise party..even if he did know about it. Still, not knowing who the guests would be was cool.

Your family pictures are so great. I got a good feeling when I saw them. :)

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH