Thursday, November 25, 2010

30 Years!

30 years ago today, I was born! Today was a great thanksgiving day and a great birthday - thanks to my sweet husband. He was very worried about what extravagant thing he was going to have to pull off for my 30th, but I assured him all I wanted was "something thoughtful." Just what every man loves to hear, right? To top off the "something thoughtful," I gave him a $30 budget; since I am 30 you see, so it only made sense. The only thing I asked for was a mini-whisk for the kitchen. He gave me an all day long birthday gift. It started around 9:30 am this morning, and I got my first gift, a card (not just any card - a personlized, typed up, love card) from my sweet lovely that was very endearing and made me cry! Then came a card from Geddy with a $10 Nielsen's Frozen Custard gift certificate (one of my 5 favorite foods on the planet by the way). Then came the mini whisks - there was TWO! Then a few hours later came another gift - a 10 pack of dish towels. If any of you know me, you know I don't buy paper towels (I am not morally opposed to them), so I use dish towels like crazy. As an aside, I think this gift was more for Brennan than myself since he thinks every time he goes to grab a towel to dry his hands off there isn't one!

Once we got home from the Thanksgiving festivities, I got yet another gift, another large pack of towels, dish rags that is!!! (I guess he really wants more towels to dry his hands off, or more dish rags to wipe Geddy's face with). Then the last present which, along with the sweet card he wrote me, is my favorite. Coupons! No, no, no, not those kind! The kind I REALLY like to redeem - "love coupons."
(Don't worry they aren't too risque for the blog).

1st coupon - "I will go get you a Nielsen's Frozen Custard immediately upon receipt of certificate."

2nd coupon - "Good for one 30 minute massage. Details specified by you."

3rd coupon - "I'll take you shopping for something you don't need, but want. I'll buy of course - budget will vary depending on current eBay sales, but $20 minimum."

4th coupon - "Good for one winter lunch picnic in front of the basement fireplace."

5th coupon - "Redeem for one walk to wherever and back. day or night; and I'll be happy about it." (You don't understand how HUGE this is!!! This is one of my favs!)

6th coupon - "I will load and unload the dishes for three days this week - doesn't need to be consecutive." This is big too. He regularly unloads, but really despises loading, I mean, touching dirty dishes!

7th coupon - "WE will go grocery shopping and I will cook you the dish of your preference."

8th coupon - I will work out 3 times this week, for 30 min, doing whatever workout you choose for me." Sweeeeeet!!!

9th coupon - "Your wish is my command."

Ah, what a wonderful day! Even as I write this post, Brennan is worried that people will think he should have taken me to the Bahamas or done something more special for my 30th, but if you know me then you know he gave me EXACTLY what I wanted. I would take "one walk to wherever and back" (and all the other things) any day over an extravagant trip! It's just me.

Love you love bug. You are one special man and made my 30th full of thoughtful surprises and a lot of joy!!!

6 comments:

Allison said...

Wow, way to go Brennan! So thoughtful. Happy Birthday Tonee, so glad you had a great day!

Megan Hauze said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like you got spoiled, Enjoy those coupons... you deserve everyone of them.

Lacey said...

Such fun gifts. Happy Birthday. :)

Emily said...

Happy Birthday!

I'll be 30 next month and seriously I don't want anything big or extravagant either. I think Brennan's gift was fantastic and so thoughtful.

Have fun with all those dish rags (and coupons)!

Ash said...

Happy Birthday! We should have a playdate!

Siri said...

awwwwwww ... good job little bro! So so super sweet.

And I never knew ... I don't buy paper towels either. Must be a Smoot thing. ;)

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH