Wednesday, October 20, 2010

"Owlween . . . Pooky, Pooky"

It’s been too long! And Geddy is getting unbelievably cute in all the words and things he can do, to not mention some of them. For about a month he’s been able to ATTEMPT to mimic just about any word we tell him to say. For instance he tries to say “Tonee” but often ends up saying “Toby” or “Tomy.” If I really stress the TAH-KNEE, then he can sometimes get it. He also for the first time today said “I love you,” “I yu you.” He is a sweet and sensitive boy. He loves his blankies! He wants them at almost all times and all occasions, and will often lay one on the floor and proclaim, “nigh, nigh” (night night). He is also very particular about the other people/things he wants to go “nigh, nigh” too – like his baby, his trains, and Roxi! We went to the zoo yesterday and he was very concerned when the baby orangutan dropped her blanket while swinging on the ropes. Then today he saw a picture of an orangutan and said to me “draw bee” (drop blanket). I couldn’t believe that he remembered the day before at the zoo and again it affected him to think of the orangutan dropping her blankie! He loves to “rock-a-baby” – he can actually rock his baby back in forth in his arms; not to mention he loves all things to do with real babies! He is currently fascinated by them, which I am hoping is a good thing ;). He is starting to boss Roxi around. In the morning he can often be heard telling Roxi: “comere Rah (Roxi),” (repeat over and over again, then he gets slightly upset when Roxi doesn’t oblige). He can boss me around too! Things he has said to me: “move mama,” “go away,” “show me" (means I will show you), and “comere mama.” He constantly asks to “play Rah” (play with Roxi) throughout the day. He likes to “pick balaylo.” (pick tomatoes), and has even asked to “pick apples,” which he remembers because at Nana’s house on several occasions I would lift him high up into the apple or pear trees and let him pick! It’s a lot of fun to lift him up and see him use all his might to pick an apple and be so proud of his accomplishment.

We call this "silly eyes," even though they are more sinister and evil than silly! He made this face at me on his own one day (I promise I did not teach him). But he knows its all in fun, because right after he makes this face, he gets a big grin on his face. It's hilarious!

A blankie retreat under Daddy's shirts.

His current fascination is Halloween “owlween” and all things spooky “pooky.” Brennan says this is thanks to my love of Halloween and getting him excited about it. He loves to rearrange the pumpkins on the porch and bring them in the house and arrange them in the living room. He loves witches and knows how to cackle! He loves ghosts and can say “boo.” When we are leaving for the day and walking down the stairs he makes it a point to point out the “boo”, the witch (and then he cackles), and the skeleton. Tonight he even watched Hocus Pocus with me; he seriously sat still through an HOUR of it! This kid has a talent of watching TV (unfortunately), and it seems he has quite a long attention span when the “toons” come on! He seems to be the type of kid you can explain things to and he will go along. For instance if he’s wanting to do something, I can explain to him, okay, first lets brush your teeth, then put your PJ’s on and then we will read a book. This is how I get him to go along with a lot of things. Brennan says a lot of my explanations border on “bribery.” For instance I have been known to say, “if you brush your teeth then you can come play with your trucks” types of things. Or, "if you say 'I love you' to Nana,” you can have a cracker. But I like to think that in MOST cases, I am just reasoning with him and getting him to go along, and I am not bribing him for something else, I am just explaining things to him. I am very pleased with what a “good man” he’s turning into, I couldn’t be happier. Love you little man!


4 comments:

Unknown said...

He is super cute! Leo does the same silly/spooky face too. LOL!

Megan Hauze said...

He it SO cute. We REALLY need to hang out. Isn't is amazing what they learn and can recall. What a good teacher you are.

Nicki Swilor said...

He is SO cute! I had so much fun with you guys at the zoo. He's getting so big.

Jonathan and Kimberley said...

ha ha, there are the spooky window treatments... I know I saw them in person, but thank you for putting them up. I just noticed them on your blog. And, yes... Geddy is a adorable. Such a fun little boy. I am so glad I got to spend some time with him!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH