I really feel like I can't cross a lot off my list this month, but I started what I feel is a monumental task of putting together "Geddy's First Year," which is now officially titled, "a glimpse into the life and happenings of Geddy William Smoot: Dec '08 - Dec '09." Since scrapbooking and the desire to scrapbook is a thing of the past for me, I decided to create a "photo book" of Geddy's first year. Of course I am using the template that lets you incorporate text as well. I have 15 pages in Word of that first year, so it all needs to fit into a book with photos and all! I am using "My Publisher" and ordering the book from Costco. The book is 11.5" x 15" with the first 20 pages included at the price of about 35.00. I have only completed the 5th month of Geddy's first year and I am already at 30 pages or so. I am excited to see what the final product will look like, but not excited about what it will cost. I am hoping it's not over $100.00. I figure I would have spent that much at least in paper, sheet protectors, binder and other embellishments if I went with traditional scrapbooking, so I am trying not to feel too bad.
Here's what I can cross off my list (or partially cross off!)
6. Put together “Geddy’s First Year” – a photo and journal compilation...Started!!!
26. Read 4 novels - Wizards First Rule (03/25/10). Wow! I am well on my way to accomplishing this. I am on my 4th novel and the year isn't even a 3rd over.
33. Give Brennan one hand massage or back massage monthly. I HIGHLY recoomend this to spice up your relationship!! :) :)
47. Organize and file away 2008 & 2009 papers at work. Yeah, I feel great about this one and my office at work feels much more organized!
4 comments:
Oh, I can't wait to see the book all about Geddy William Smoot!! :)
Don't feel guilty about the cost of the book. That will be something you are G will treasure and look at forever. Your awesome. Way to get some things done!
can't wait to see the finished product!! i need to do sam's stuff... love the "bucket list"! I want to see the rest of it!
You will LOVE the book. I have done a few books and love them. My kids look at them all the time. I know what you mean with the cost of traditional scrapbooking. This is why I now do digital scrapbooking. I have weighed the cost of both and enjoy this more, plus it's easier on the computer especially with little bodies around. :)
Post a Comment