Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Magical Eight

We celebrated our 8 year anniversary today (actual anniversary date is 04/11). I decided to use a good idea from Kim Rivers about switching the planning between the spouses each year. I have "even" years and Brennan has "odd" years from now on (which means I get to plan 10 and Brennan gets to plan 25!) I planned a fun and inexpensive (of course!) date. A BIG thanks to Nana Smoot for watching Geddy Man. I told Brennan "no presents" because part of the date included "getting presents," but he surprised me with a pedicure. So I enjoyed a nice pedicure this morning. Then around 2:30 we left for our date! First stop - Dollar Tree. The object: spend $9.00 on each other, getting silly and fun items.


Brennan's TOP TWO favorite things from Tonee: Super Glue and Flamin' Hot Cheetos.
(I personally thought the citronella button was hilarious as Brennan's worst enemies are mosquitoes!)


Tonee's TOP TWO favorite things from Brennan: Herb Garden and Note Pad

2nd Stop - Clark Planetarium to see Hubble 3D. What can I say? Brennan loves space and I love God's beautiful creations; he was in awe and I was (almost) in tears after the show! :) :) VERY GOOD!

3rd Stop - Dinner at Texas Roadhouse (we had a gift card, so it was free...oh yah!) I ate so much bloomin' onion, rolls, and salad that I basically had to bring home my whole sweet potato and salmon. Brennan got steak and ribs and basically licked his plate clean! ha ha ha
We tried to have room for ice cream after, but no such luck.

The first Eight:
Fear. Hope. Faith. Surprised. Fortunate. Blessed. Joy. Stress. Communication. Trust. Best Friend. Funny. Smile. Optimism. Relaxed. Comfortable. Peace. Growth. Sad. Relieved. Lucky. Healthy. Supported. Confidence. Differences. Talents. Parenting. Quirks. God. Finances. Video Games. Exercise. Writing. Reading. Geddy. Roxi. Church. Work. Garden. Cooking. Eating. Sleeping. Cleaning. Thinking. Studying. Opposites. Friends. Planning. Family. Love. Romance. Life.
...That about sums it up! Hoping for another 58 years with my honey!!! Love you Smootie!

7 comments:

Allison said...

Happy Anniversary! So glad you guys had a great night!

Lacey said...

Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you both had a great time. Such great ideas.

Siri said...

You changed your blog layout ... I like it!
Happy Anniversary (today)!! I am so glad we got to share Sunday/Anniversary dinner with you. And it sounds like you guys had a great time last night. I'll take the Cold N Hot. (hehe! ... love the dollar store idea!) And I love YOU guys. For sure ... here's to 58 more!!! xoxo

the dutson five said...

Aww, how cute are you?! Love your date and am sooo glad it was inexpensive! :) Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so very, very glad you found each other and that Geddy joined the family. How perfect!!!!!!

Nicki Swilor said...

I love your dollar store date and the idea of alternating who gets to plan every other year. You are brilliant! Thanks for sharing!

Emily said...

Wow, 8 years. That is great! I like your Dollar Tree idea. That is great!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH