Friday, March 12, 2010

"I Believe in Me"

My mom gave Geddy a wonderfully inspiring children's book, that I am currently enjoying more than he is. The book makes me think of my good friend and mentor, Carey, and also makes me think about the innocence of a child and how they are free from the burdens and cares of the world and therefore are truly free to be themselves and only themselves. Alas, to be more like a child!

This is a book of affirmations. This simple "children's book" (as it's so called) brings me back to my affirmation creating days and makes me more introspective. Here are a few of my favorite affirmations from the book:

"I am wonderfully creative."
"I give with joy."
"I learn and discover new things every day."
"I am free to be me."
"I am helpful and caring."
"I have a place of stillness within me."
"I follow my heart."
"I share my love and watch it grow."
"I believe in me."
"My dreams are coming true."
"I turn within, and I am at peace."
"I am filled with greatness."
"I am one with all life."
"I am loving."
"Laughter and joy fill my heart."
"I am blessed."
"God within me is my power."

The artwork in the book is fabulous as well!!! Check it out if you'd like:

"I Believe in Me: A Book of Affirmations," by Connie Bowen.

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog so I could see yours! One of my teaching friends has that book. She puts an affirmation on the board each week and the kids repeat it every morning. I must get it!!!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH