Monday, September 28, 2009

I try to do it all...

I try to be a good mother and wife. I try to cook delicious homemade meals. I try to have family home evening every Monday night. I try to say thoughtful prayers. I try to read my scriptures on a regular basis. I try to listen at church and feel the spirit. I try to workout 3 times per week and limit my sweet and fat intake. I try to go to bed at 11 pm. I try to make the sabbath day different. I try to attend the temple.

These are just some of my goals that I am never fully mastering but always constantly tackling. I don't want to get down on myself for not accomplishing all my goals and being twinkled in an instant; but I am sometimes discouraged that I can't do all these things 100% of the time. I find myself focusing on one thing and then leaving the rest to straggle behind, sometimes forgotten. I find myself getting sidetrack with new goals and quests, then it hits me "oh, shoot I forgot to have family home evening, or I forgot to read something spiritual today." Or "Oh crap I just ate 3 brownies and 4 cookies today!" I know I am only human; but I really dislike that phrase! I feel like I should be able to accomplish all my goals all of the time - maybe that's why I am so high strung.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, don't be so hard on yourself. We are just now getting the spiritual stuff down now. Just keep trying, you'll get there.

Teri said...

Something I always tell myself, but don't always listen to: "The Lord put us on this this earth to strive for perfection, not to be perfect." You totally get points for trying! Hang in there! You can do it!!!!

the dutson five said...

Oh I love you Tonee! You are such an inspiration to me! Truly.

Siri said...

Girl ... you are ahead of ME. You are so talented and smart and sweet and clean (hehe) and down-to-earth and spiritual and the best Sis I could ever ask for! Love you! You are doing terrific in MY book!

Lacey said...

Oh, Tonee... I feel the same way all the time. Just remember you are awesome no matter what. I try to remember what President Hinckley always would say "Do Your Best". :)

Anonymous said...

To Tonee (and Sara R.)...Hey, I am a generation ahead of you girls and I STILL haven't got "the spiritual stuff down now." I do find comfort that in the temple we are not taught we have to be perfect now, but to keep our covenants with a true and honest heart. Love to all you young women in your imperfections...we aren't supposed to be perfect yet!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH