Friday, July 10, 2009

St. George

Last week I decided to get brave and venture out and actually take Geddy somewhere other than our comfty little surroundings of home and Davis County. Brennan had a business trip in St. Geroge, so I figured I would use it as a excuse to go somewhere! We called up my Gma and took her with us and stayed in her lovely house in St. George. That was great! But the not so great part was Geddy got sick Wednesday night (he was such a good boy on the drive down), but Wednesday night and Thursday night I was basically up with him every 30 min during the night. It was worse than newborn days! Needless to say I was so drained in the daytime we did nothing. Also, it's hard to get motivated to do anything outside when it's soo hot! The only real thing we did was take a 3 mile walk on Friday morning. We came home a day early so Geddy could sleep in his own bed and HOPEFULLY sleep a little better! I am grateful to spend time with Gma, but grateful now that we are home and can sleep in our own beds. I think Geddy despises his pack and play. I am not sure if we will be able to take him on trips seeing as he's very much in love with his OWN crib!



I think G's favorite part was playing with the "bag of toys" that I brought to entertain him on the car ride up and down. It was filled with random kitchen gadgets, snack size chip bags, etc.


Geddy on our morning walk, and the only "real" thing we did while we were there!


(My sick little guy still finds it in him to manage a smile)

(Sorry we didn't take any pictures of you Daddy! We have videos though!)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

love the hair cut!! Super cute!! and steve is now unemployed, so ya'll should come up before we move.

The Scherbel Family said...

He looks so happy on the drive down! I love the idea of the whisk as a toy and I'll have to use that in the future. I'm sorry he won't sleep in his pack and play. Our boy has the same issue and it makes traveling really hard.

Heather 'n Jay said...

The bag of tricks is clever. I'm going to have to remember that on my next road trip. I think it is so clever that you use regular stuff to entertain him. I love that!

Jonathan and Kimberley said...

What adorable pics. Gosh, I love seeing Geddy, but miss the pictures of you and Brennan. You look fantastic, and did I see right.... Did you chop your hair? I LOVE IT!!!! Also what a great pic of Geddy in his stroller with his legs up! I think that is so cute. I can't wait to see you guys in less than 2 weeks!!!!!

Nicki Swilor said...

You look so cute and of course Geddy does too as always. Gotta love St. George, but not so much the heat unless there is a pool to cool off in.

Oh, Palisade is in Sterling (just south of Manti). It's just a small lake. They have paddle boats and canoes to rent and you can also fish. We love swimming, catching minnows and sometimes frogs, and picnicing. You can also camp and golf. Fun, fun place!

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH