Monday, August 25, 2008

New Calling - Stake YW Sports Director

I got a new church calling! Last year I was the assitant stake sports director, but this year I have been called to be the Director! I am always surprised when I get these callings. I was totally nervous anticipating this new calling, but after working on volleyball this week, and then gettting set apart yesterday (with a beautiful setting apart and blessing), I do feel confident and excited. Now, I need to dig up all my old volleyball and basketball knowledge from those playing days of mine over 12 years ago!!! I played basketball and volleyball (only through my Sophmore Year), but I always enjoyed being involved in sports. I always loved being part of a team, and my husband knows more than anyone, that I can get quite competitive! I especially love Volleyball! I have played for several years now on a rec volleyball team. We mostly just play for fun. Brennan always loves to ask me when I come home from my games, "did you do this?"...then he makes the motion of spiking the ball hard down to the floor - I can only say I do that sometimes, I am pretty rusty since my High School days. This past winter I refereed all the YW basketball games. That was truly a unique experience. Because I have always been a player of the game, not a referee. It was really fun though, and I did enjoy it; although people (girls and parents) can get fiesty at times, and I am a sensitive person. I learned you have to have a little bit of a tough skin. Well, I thought it would be fun for everyone to see some old pics of me in my playing days!

Junior Varsity Volleyball - No. 22. I only played volleyball through my 9th grade year. Because the summer after 9th grade I got in a bad ATV accident and dislocated my shoulder (and gashed my forehead open) and couldn't play volleyball for the upcoming sophmore year!

Looking smug for the camera...

Fierceness...

I'm open pass it to me...

7 comments:

Unknown said...

95-96 I was in 6th grade. And I was baptized in 95. Doesn't that make you feel old? That's cool about your new calling. I hope you have fun with it!!

Kim said...

RARRRRR! Those pics are HOT! Sounds like you will be so busy with your new calling, I'm sure you'll be great at it. I miss playing church ball, it was always so fun even if I wasn't very good.

the dutson five said...

Ha ha! Love the pics!

Siri said...

Owww!! Nice pics. One hot mama to be #22. That is one calling I would laugh out loud if they gave it to me. But you will be great! Good luck Girl! xoxox

Apryle Moss said...

Ahhh!!! The good old days. Don't you just love to be reminded of them. I think you will do a great job. Have fun. Oh I love the pics.

Teri said...

This calling is so you! I was not surprised when I read this at all! You will do so great!

The Goughs said...

I love it Tonee! You are so cute! That was a treat to see the pictures so thanks for showing. I am in awe over the book shelf thing and Nick would love it too. I need to get me one of those on my blog. How did you do it?

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH