Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Week 15 - It's A Boy!!!

We had an ultrasound today and it looks like it's a boy!!!! Yippee!!! Brennan said we still can't be 100 % positive, but the Dr. did not hesitate at all in saying that it was a boy. Every time the baby would move in the right position he would say "oh, yup, there it is, that definitely looks like something there." We have another more advanced ultrasound at week 20, which will tell 100% if it's a boy or not. I am way excited it's a boy. Brennan asked me "what will you do if at 20 weeks they say it's a girl?" Not that I would be sad, but since I am planning on a boy now, I would be a little disappointed. Before I got pregnant I always said I wanted a girl, but once I got pregnant I started thinking I wanted a boy. I can't say it enough that this whole thing is amazing! I still can't believe that it's possible for babies to grow inside of us! Every morning I like to rub my tummy and it's getting much firmer and rounder, it feels like a baby's growing in there now. I haven't felt the baby move yet, but boy I can't wait for that. About 15 times a day it hits me that "wow, I am pregnant!" And the realization is enough to make me emotional about 15 times a day. I just can't believe that Heavenly Father has blessed us to be pregnant and expecting a child. I never thought I would be in this position, and now that I am the time is going way too slow and yet way too fast at the same time. All I can say, is that I am immensely humbled and couldn't be happier!
Here's a "graphic" picture showing that it looks like a boy!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a boy to me too! Look for the "turtle" and you'll see that he's a boy!! We're so happy for you guys! And you've probably felt the baby move, but that it was just a gas bubble moving. B/C that's what it feels like at first, gas bubbles. How nice of them? Anyways, we're so happy for you guys! Can't wait to meet this little guy!! Take care!!

Emilee said...

Congratulations! That is awesome! We are just so excited for you guys.

The Cameron's Favorite Recipes said...

Tonee I can feel your joy and I am soooo happy for you! You are already a great mother!
I haven't posted or told many but i too am pregnant- almost 7 weeks and we will wait a little longer to tell family and such.... But our kids will be close in age.

TreverandDawnell said...

Oh Congratulations! I am so excited for you guys! A little boy! How darling. I am so, so, happy for you.

The Scherbel Family said...

Little boys are the best! Now you get to start thinking of names. Congrats.

Heidi Sue said...

I am so excited for you. I loved having boy's first. Then they are strong and not girly. They also can stick up for their sisters if they need to. I am so excited that you are going to have a baby and that you are doing good. I will have to tell Josh. He is out of town.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Tonee! Jack will have a little buddy...Boys are great! I'm so excited for you.
-Allison

Sarah B said...

BOY! I may be a little biased, but boys are the best! What wonderful news! Someday he will be Elder Smoot...fun to think about!

Farnsworth Fam said...

Yeah!!! Good-luck with the name thing....boys are hard. (In my opinion.)

Apryle Moss said...

Tonee that is so exciting. Little boys are fun to. You will love them no matter what you have. I hope all continues to go well for you. Take care and we need to get together sometime. Talk to you later

the dutson five said...

Hooray! I have to say, there is really something special about little boys (well, at least ones that are 3 months old and younger, since that's all I know so far..)! I'm so excited! It's for real!

McRae Family said...

Yeah Tonee...
I am so excited for you...I love my one and only boy and with three girls that followed him...boys are soooooo much easier! Congrats. Love you, Engor

Shana said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe how fast your pregnancy is going by. (at least to me it is). And it's a boy- HOW FUN!!!!! Love the updates, keep them coming! :)

“Dreams... I wonder if the result is imperative or if it is the process that adds value to ones life? Or both...” –CH